Monday, December 13, 2010

First Day Training

HELLO WORLD!!!

I'm Anna Pham or if you're following my other blogs I'm Sushi [SushiPalooza.]

Okay let's get started.

So today I was at California Pizza Kitchen [CPK] for my job training. It was decent because I had to fill out MAJOR paper work but it'll pay off later on. Other than that the trainer [Matt & Sarah] gave me and the other 7 people the rules and what uniforms are permitted.

UNIFORM:
Black dress shirt - [no pockets]
Black casual pants - [if the pants has pockets then it has to have buttons, if the pants has belt loops you must wear a black belt with a silver or silver painted gold buckle.]
Black Socks - [has to be higher than your ankle, if you sit and your skin is showing it's to short.]
Earring cannot be bigger than a dime.
Shoes - [has to be black and has to be non slid]

I also received an employee hand book AND a server workbook. [Picture shown below]

PhotobucketPhotobucket

So, the employee handbook contains the rules and regulation for me to know while working for CPK. The server workbook is a study guide for me to refer to. I have to know all of this and I need to have the knowledge of each food that is served in CPK. Which includes the food allergies and what foods are made and how they are made.

I had to fill out A LOT of paper work today. Then filled out and IRS form which was cruelly confusing.

~~MAJOR TIPS~~
If you are currently a student and living with your parents you must put "0".
If you LIE on your IRS form then you better have a really good lawyer.

So after the paper works, I had to watch 2 video segments. One was "The sky is the limit" and another was "Sexual harassment".

Segment 1: "The sky is the limit" was about the opportunities within the company/industry. There were many stories I the segment that people were really happy while working within the company. Some has stated that the company had made their dreams come true. There are 3 company in CPK. California Pizza Kitchen -full service-, CPK ASAP, and LA food show.

Segment 2: "Sexual harassment" is a nation wide segment for future employee that sexual harassment is bad in every way possible. You have to be PERFECT or close to it and watch how you speak to other people. You cannot give comments on any discrimination possible even throughout the ethnicities, disabilities, age, gender, ETC.

So my day was tiring. Training was ok but HEY I got free food =).

0 comments: