Sunday, February 6, 2011

Respect the servers when you go to a restaurant

Yes, the title says it ALL. Literally I've been working for almost 2 months and lately I've had shitty people giving me and attitude and acting as if I'm their "servant" well guess what I'm not.

When you go to a restaurant what is the most important thing you would think for the restaurant? Money? NO! It's the worker who makes it worth going to for YOU to eat. We make sure EVERYTHING is PERFECT... Not the manager nor the general manager OR the corporate. Seriously give more respect to your servers why? well because they have to deal with your incompetents and others as well. You aren't the only one there.

Rules:

-BE RESPECTFUL

-Tip at last 15% of the bill like seriously if you were to tip $1.00 we don't want it. Just keep that precious dollar of yours. Literally when you tip us bad we know who you are.

-Be sure that you know what you want from the menu we do have other customers waiting for us to run food to them or give them a bill since they might be in a hurry.

-Don't be discourage when we ask to see your I.D. when you order alcoholic drinks. It's standard procedures.

-If we forget something please don't EVER be like "oh you're suppose to know everything we're your customer" Let me tell you how wrong you are because, [1] you aren't my customer you're just here to eat and pay, [2] there are more customers than just you so we TEND to forget the littlest detail.

-TALK LOUD! Why? Well there is music going on and other people talking and enjoying their time.
If you expect to split bills don't ask what's the extra buck is for because it's the tax you morons.

-When we ask you simple question don't give us the FUCKING OBVIOUS answer with the attitude [hence rule 1]. Why? Because we HAVE to ask. You might have a caesar salad but you would've want ranch dressing.

-Don't look at other servers if you've been just sat by the host because the server who is gong to serve you will be there shortly hence the host saying "Your server will be with you in a minute" not "one of them *point*"

-When the host sit you at a place just sit the fuck down because we HAVE a rotation. If you mess up our rotation we will remember you and your face.

-Don't talk shit because if one server hears it. It will go around and we will talk badly of you.

-DON'T EVER STEAL OUR FUCKING PEN. Like seriously how fucking poor are you to steal someone's pen while they are working? They work to give you food and you repay by stealing. What the fuck is going through your mind?

-If you want your bill to be split say it before we print out the whole fucking bill and we have to do a procedure for you it's time consuming especially when it's rush hour.

-We're your SERVER not SERVANT. Need a dictionary? Surely I can look up the words and give you a clear definition and if you don't understand I can also be rude and call you an incompetent fool.

-- Yes, those are my 13 rules. Someone stole my pen and seriously that girl was dumb because she paid with her credit card and I got her name [stupid bitch] I've had PLENTY of guests giving me attitudes just because they want me to write down the things they want me to do. Why we need you to at least give 15% tip of the bill well Let me give you a run down on my RECENT paycheck and tell me if the math is correct.

Earnings-
Rate: $2.63
Hours: 28.50
Total = $74.96

Tips: $204.00

Gross Pay; $278.96

NOW WAIT. Here is where your questions BEGINS.
-Why do we need to pay 15% you got like $278.96 that's your paycheck money use it don't make us tip you.
WELL, let's play a subtraction game =]

Deductions:
Federal Income Tax; -$19.82
Social Security Tax; -$11.71
Medicare Tax; -$4.04
MA State Income Tax; -$13.95

Then other deductions.
Cpk Meals; -$16.95

And where you see that says tip up there $204.00.
We get our tip paid in our hands basically it's called tip out.
So deducting $204.00 from the gross pay.

  278.96
-   19.82
-   11.71
-     4.04
-   13.95
-   16.95
- 204.00
      8.49

YEA. My recent paycheck is ONLY $8.49. You know why because I already have my tip IN CASH Which I use. And you would ask "you work there isn't the meal free" well HELL NO! we pay 50% of or meal. I don't know what you are talking about.

So for those out there that may THINK they know about being a server well it's hard work. Get the FUCK over yourself because this is OUR real world and I'm putting it out there.

    0 comments: