Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dear California Pizza Kitchen, I QUIT!

That's right I quit. Even though the job was GREAT the pay wasn't.

To those who apply towards being a waitress since it's an easy job, THINK AGAIN. Before doing so, please consider the things that you are applying towards.
- You MUST to control your temper
- Tips wont EVER be 15% sometimes it'll be $1.00 [even when you do a GREAT job]
- You get paid $2.63/hr
- You wont get many hours

So yes, you must put these into consideration. Being a waitress/server is a hard work, it's not tedious when you need the job. But there will ALWAYS be pros and cons in every job. I over reacted towards my pay but it was because my boss [Alex] who did not tell me the full information about the pay. During the interview when he hired me he told me I get pay $8.00/hr including tips. Then WEEKS later I look at my check it was $2.63/hr, it made me furious since my boss did not tell me ALL of the information, it wasn't in the contract.

So for those you wanted to be a server please research before making a decision.

My reason to quitting was;
- My pay
- People are very rude
- Rude/unfair coworkers
- Stolen pens

Well of course the pay but people who I worked with are very unfair and rude, they don't EVEN follow rotation. They try to take customers who they think would tip them better but guess what; when I worked there I got a few good tips and it was great. Customers would come and sit in MY section and that's it. My coworkers were also rude because well, I help them but they would make up stupid excuses to not help me nor take my shift for ONE day but oh well I make good money for the extra nights I guess. People are really well incompetent too, they would steal pens from servers! In my mind I would wonder "What is wrong with these people? I know they work and go to school, why would they steal my pen? Just for the thrill of it maybe? Lets see, they have money to go out and eat BUT no money to but pens. Well then they are literally STUPID." Not only a few of my customers stole my pen, they paid with their credit card. Everyone has facebook so what makes you think we wont look you up? Just Kidding! But seriously those who stole pens from server at restaurant you guys are the most immoral, incompetent people I know. You know you are one you just don't want to say it, you might just say "it was for a thrill" guess what WE work. I quit because I can't kiss people's asses and be nice when I'm rudely treated, an eye for an eye right? I don't want to get fired just because of my temper, therefore I quit.

0 comments: